2018 is just around the corner and, like many of you, this has me thinking about the new year, fresh beginnings, and new plans. In fact, I’ve been thinking about these things so much lately that I started writing out the things I want to get done in 2018. These include things I’d intended to get done in 2017 that someone slipped by before I could get to them.
This brings to mind ways to make sure I accomplish 2018s goals better than the ones I set for 2017. That means I am giving myself deadlines, even for the most personal and menial tasks. When you create for a living, whether it’s art or writing or even music, and you only have yourself to complete the work for it can be easy to get off track. My 2018 will be all about deadlines, instead of just goals.
Another couple things I intend to focus more on in 2018 are creativity and motivation. Goals, Deadlines, Creativity, and Motivation. I feel like they all work well together and I hope they will all work for me. I already have some deadlines written on my calendar. I will hold myself accountable this new year.
Where I am at so far:
- Submitting an article a day, minimum, to Vocal.
- Turning in my dissertation by the end of January.
- Following my daily goal sheet that hangs on my wall.
- Submitting the manuscript for The Jealousy Remedy by 2/12 (so it’ll be out by Valentine’s Day).
- Submitting the manuscripts for my next two poetry books by 3/18 (so they’ll be out by spring).
I also intend to ONLY work in my office for 2018. That means keeping that room neat, clean, and organized.
What are your goals for 2018? How are you going to make sure your 2018 is a success?